No.95 November 2020
This month our special focus is on the Parish of Wargrave with Knowl Hill
Please pray for:
Vicar: Rev’d John Cook
Curates: Rev’d Hugh Barne and Rev’d Steve Turville
Lay Minister: Andy Ferguson
Church Wardens: Peter Mayes and Ian Matthews
Administration Manager: Lucy Bowley
Communications Manager: Rosalyn Lane Heath
In the Parish please pray for:
- Wisdom and Godliness as we navigate these uncertain times faithfully, making the most of every opportunity
- Our planning for a creative approach in our outreach into the community this Christmas that Jesus will be made known and people drawn to him in obedience and faith.
- Planning for changes to the service pattern from the 1st November alongside restarting our Sunday Club, that this will encourage families to return to Sunday worship
In the Deanery please pray for:
- The Parish of Winnersh – St Mary the Virgin and St Catherines for wisdom and discernment for those in Archdeaconry, Deanery and Parish roles discussing the future of ministry when Rev’d James Warren (Interim Priest In Charge) moves on in 2021 – that the most appropriate structures and resources may be employed in a time of national crisis.
- Woosehill Church –two Steward/Wardens elected at the recent AGM and that two people will volunteer to share the work with them.
- Services for All Souls as we remember and celebrate the lives of those who have died.
- Remembrance Sunday as we are unable to meet together for this service, that we will still be able to mark the day to honour those who gave their lives in wars and conflicts.
- Those who are not physically able to get to Church and those who work hard on the technical side of things to make sure that they are still included and part of our Church community.
- Those who are isolated and alone and having to cope week after week without their normal clubs and groups.
- All in education, especially those in senior leadership facing impossible decisions.
- Teachers in school and lecturers in colleges and universities working under pressures and limitations.
In our nation and the wider church please pray for:
- In Oxford Diocese, Slough as it moves into Tier Two restrictions on Saturday 24th October.
- Archbishop Stephen Cottrell as he takes up his post in York at such a difficult time.
- Politicians, scientists and health professionals and all who are seeking to bring the Covid Pandemic under control.
- Those working on vaccines and all volunteers testing these vaccines.