SONNING DEANERY PRAYER CYCLE
_____________________________________________Number 67 July 2018
This month our special focus is the Sonning Deanery Synod
Please pray for:
Area Dean: Revd Canon Julie Ramsbottom
Assistant Area Dean: Revd Richard Lamey
Lay Chair: John Smith
Secretary: Bridget Crossley
Quinquennial Inspection Secretary: Michael Byrne
Ecumenical Representative: David Hare
Members of the Standing Committee: Revd Canon Julie Ramsbottom, John Smith Revd Richard Lamey, Bridget Crossley, Gillian Gyenes, Pauline Humphreys, Judith Scott, Revd Catherine Vaughan, Sharon White.
Representatives on Diocesan Synod: Revd Piers Bickersteth, Gillian Gyenes, Revd Hannah Higginson, Martin Hughes, Geraldine Lea, Revd Canon Andrew Marsden, Judith Scott, John Smith.
All Clergy and Lay members of Synod.
In the Synod please pray for:
- Ways in which the Deanery can assist parishes to engage with Bishop Steven’s initiative to encourage us to become a more Christlike Church: Contemplative, Courageous and Compassionate – building the Kingdom together.
- Better working together, through deepening relationships, sharing good practice and tackling areas of difference honestly.
- The work with new communities
- Encouragement of lay discipleship through training,
- Support for local church leaders to strengthen parishes with limited resources and engage with relevant Diocesan initiatives to assist this process.
- The mission and outreach in each parish to build up the life of the Deanery, Synod and Chapter.
In the Deanery please pray for:
- Revd Richard Lamey on sabbatical and the rest of the team at St Paul’s Parish as they cover the services and pastoral needs.
- Revd James Warren as he starts his ministry as Priest in Charge at St Catherine’s Bearwood and St Mary’s Winnersh
- Revd Hannah Higginson coming off maternity leave in the autumn and starting at All Saints
- Revd Steve Turville and Revd Hugh Barne ordained priest on 23 June to serve at Wargrave with Knowl Hill
- Gemma Wilkinson ordained at Petertide and starting her curacy at St James Finchampstead
- Revd Julian McAllen and his wife as they become parents for the first time
- Our outreach into the new housing estates being built in our area.