SONNING DEANERY PRAYER CYCLE
______________________________________________Number 72 December 2018
This month our special focus is on St Sebastian’s Church
Please pray for:
Vicar: Rev Canon Andrew Marsden
Hon. Assistant Curate: Rev Erik Fudge
Licensed Lay Ministers: Russell Shipton
Family and Youth Pastor: Amy Vogel
Children and Family Worker: Rachel Jeremiah
Pioneer Youth Worker: Marvin Vogel
Church Warden: Rory O’Connor
Church Warden: Mike Page
PCC Secretary: Rod Sturdy
Treasurer: Janet Rogers
Church Administrator: Judith Boulton
Church Finance Admin: Christina Gorham
In the Parish please pray for:
- Newly licensed Lay Minister, David Hare, as he continues to serve in the Parish.
- God’s peace in the immediate locality following the murder on Nine Mile Ride. Pray for the bereaved, for all who live near the scene of the crime, and for the police officers investigating it.
- The delivery of our Christmas leaflet to and prayer for all homes in the parish, including the new housing developments.
- Messy Church on 7th December – that families would have fun as they join in crafts and activities to celebrate Christmas, and for health and strength for all those involved in planning and setting up Messy Church.
- All the services over the Christmas period, that visitors would come and share the celebrations.
- The Alpha Course, starting in January, for church members to be willing to invite people and for wisdom to know who to invite.
- Our new service pattern, starting in January. Pray for the detailed planning involved and for people to be supportive of the changes.
In the Deanery and beyond please pray for:
- All our Christmas Services and celebrations; that people in the different communities will come together to celebrate the birth of our Saviour.
- The Sonning Deanery Day on Saturday 1st December focusing on the draft Deanery Plan, and for positive outcomes.
- St Mary the Virgin Winnersh Mini Christmas Tree Festival from Saturday 8th to Tuesday 9th December. That this new venture will be fruitful in telling the story of the birth of Jesus and a means of strengthening connections with the wider community.
- St. Eligius Community Church very first outdoor nativity on the green on 20th December 3.30pm. A joint event with the local secondary school who are doing the drama and the carols. That the community come along and enjoy the event.
- The Bracknell Night Shelter as it opens again. For those who use the facilities, that it will give them hope and practical support and for the Churches and volunteers who finance it.
Hazel Berry: email@example.com