SONNING DEANERY PRAYER CYCLE
Number 80 August 2019
In the Archdeaconry of Berkshire please pray for:
- The Venerable Olivia Graham Archdeacon of Berkshire as she takes up her position as Bishop of Reading.
In the Deanery please pray for:
- St George’s Owlsmoor, that a suitable person will come forward to serve as treasurer.
- All Clergy taking a Summer break that they will return rested and refreshed.
- Those able to take holidays away from home, for safe travel and that activities will be safe and enjoyable, that all will return rested and refreshed for the autumn.
- Those unable to take holidays because of finance or work commitments or other circumstances, that they will still find periods of rest and relaxation.
- All families under pressure because they are having to juggle childcare or struggling to make ends meet.
- For any able to enjoy a holiday through the Mother’s Union ‘Away from it all’ (AFIA) holiday scheme.
- In all our parishes, planning for Autumn activities.
In the Deanery please pray for Summer Activities:
- CTWokingham running ‘The Grub Club’ to feed those who normally have free school meals.
- St Sebastians holiday bible club running Wed 24th – Fri 26th July “Caring for Creation”. For ages 5-11 and Friday night Family BBQ.
- St. Paul’s Woosehill Bible Holiday Club. 25-26th July – Theme: Space Academy. Book of Daniel. 50 Children are expected.
- Ruscombe & Twyford with Hurst. Scripture Union ‘Backpackers’ holiday club, Tuesday 27th to Friday 30th August, taking the children on a journey through the last week of Jesus’ life and followed by a special family service Sunday 1st September. Leadership Team of 35 adults & young people. 40 to 50 children expected.
- St Mary’s Wargrave, Mission Impossible Holiday Club for 5-11s, 28-30 August. Three days of fun, games, crafts, activities and Bible teaching.
- Churches together in Crowthorne Summer activities on the Morgan Recreation Ground, afternoons of Fri 26th July, 2,9 and16 August
- Arborfield, Barkham, Christ Church Wokingham and the Church @ the Green Holiday Bible Club, Monday 29th July – Friday 2nd August.
- St John the Baptist Crowthorne more informal Eucharist in the Church Hall, Sunday 18th August, Theme: ‘What can we learn from the Celtic Saints?’
- Any other informal worship during the holiday period.
- Please pray for all those involved in these activities, safety, enjoyment and relaxation for all:
Hazel Berry: firstname.lastname@example.org