SONNING DEANERY PRAYER CYCLE
Number 74 February 2019
This month our special focus is on St Michael’s Sandhurst
Please pray for:
Rector: Rev John Castle
Associate Minister: Rev John White
Associate Minister: Rev Jane Kraft
Family Worker: Angela Harper
Youth Worker: Mike Gower
Church Warden: Sue Campbell
Church Warden: Emma Hodge
PCC Secretary: Dave Percival
Treasurer: Jon Toohey
Church Office: Sunita Mcintosh and Nicola Thompson
In the Parish please pray for:
- Give thanks for the successful restoration of our west windows, and for the ongoing work to fund restoration of the spire, clock and bells ahead of our 800th anniversary in 2020.
- A renewed sense of calling and passion for all in the parish as we seek to Know God for ourselves. Grow as individuals and as a church and show God’s love in the world.
- Our forthcoming Lent focus on God as creator, our responsibility for stewardship of creation, and our lent charity, A Rocha.
- The establishment of our new Youth Organisation, Sandhurst Youth, now set up as an independent charity supported by St Michaels and Sandhurst Town Council, and its work in Sandhurst School, the launch of a youth mentoring scheme, and for the new Youth Club, “Dream Big” on a Sunday evening.
- The continued growth of our work among families including Toddler Time, Bible Bites, Messy Church and the support to many families facing challenging circumstances.
- The reinvigorating of our Pastoral Care to those in our community, and the Listening Course being run jointly with St John’s Crowthorne on 30th Jan and 6th Feb.
- Our counselling service (Sandhurst Counselling) as it moves forward under a new Clinical Manager, and for Diana Taylor as she retires from the post after more than 16 years.
- God’s continued leading as we seek to establish our “St Mary’s Mission Fund” based on releasing the value of the St Mary’s site.
- For individuals to sense God’s calling on their lives and their willingness to step forward into the many opportunities including the need for four Foundation Governors for St Michael’s School, and also many Pastoral roles.
In the Deanery and beyond please pray for:
- The new communities in our area that we will give those moving in a genuine welcome.
- Those working on our Deanery plan
- Bishop Andrew as he prepares for his retirement.
Hazel Berry: firstname.lastname@example.org