SONNING DEANERY PRAYER CYCLE
_____________________________________________Number 78 June 2019
This month our special focus is on All Saints Wokingham
Please pray for:
Rector: Canon David Hodgson,
Associate Priest: Revd Hannah Higginson,
Associate Priest: Revd Colin James,
Lay Preacher: John Boylan
Church Wardens: Clive Charlton and Geoff Davies
Deputy Warden: Anne King
Treasurer: Anne King
Pastoral Care Co-ordinator: Jo Robinson
Cornerstone Manager: Judi Arnold
In the Parish please pray for:
- CC2020 plans for Church re-ordering, especially for planning applications being submitted
- Events for Pentecost/Thy Kingdom Come – Prayer Walk around parts of the parish and family picnic on 8th June
- Junior Church and youth work
- Inspiring Music in Worship course and reflecting on how we use music in our services
- For support for the Wokingham Homeless Project run by the Salvation Army
In the Parish please give thanks for:
- All Christian Aid fundraising efforts including Big Brekkie, market stalls and sponsored walks
- New PCC members leaving no PCC vacancies
In the Deanery please pray for:
- Julie and Keith Mintern as Julie finishes her curacy and moves on to become Vicar of Lambourn Valley in Newbury Deanery
- Clergy and Church leaders who are struggling to find the joy and excitement in ministry at the moment, that they will be drawn back to the Living Waters and find their souls refreshed
- For those involved in appointing a new Bishop of Reading and for those, especially Olivia Graham and Stephen Pullin, who must currently carry extra responsibilities.
- The Synod on the 25th of June as we seek to approve the Deanery Plan and to take it forward with enthusiasm and guided by God.
- For the flourishing of the Diocesan Common Vision- a call to mission and exploration, to put out into deep waters and cast out our nets wide. To risk doing things differently and locally, building on the strengths and gifts we already have.
- That each parish in the Deanery be inspired by the call to follow St Paul in confidence, vision and solid faith.