SONNING DEANERY PRAYER CYCLE
______________________________________________Number70 October 2018
This month our special focus is the Arborfield and Barkham family of Churches
Please pray for:
Christ Church Wokingham
Rev Mark Huddleston
Helen Hotchkiss (warden)
Martin Northend (warden)
St James Barkham
Rev Julian Bidgood
Steve Grundy (warden)
Mark Stevens (warden)
Church at the Green, Arborfield
Rev Piers Bickersteth (rector)
James Carpenter (warden)
St Bartholomew’s Arborfield
Rev Andy Kearns
In the Parish please pray for:
- And give thanks for another Holiday Bible Club and the opportunity we had to share the good news of Jesus with many in our community.
- that as the church family we will be eager to grow in our love for the Lord Jesus and one another.
- that we will be courageous and loving as we look to proclaim Jesus Christ as the way, the truth and the life to those amongst whom we live and work.
In the Deanery please pray for:
- Woosehill Ecumenical Partnership Church celebration of 25 years since they received the keys of the Church. Beginning with a Harvest Service on 30th September led by Bishop Andrew of Reading. The second service on 28th October led Elaine Steere and final service on 2nd December, Holy Communion led by the John Hellyer Chair of the Methodist Church South East District.
- Winnersh Parish (with Bearwood), the newly formed Open the Book Team as they begin a new ministry together and for good relationships with local schools. Also, for the participants in the Pilgrim Course and those preparing for confirmation this Autumn.
- St Paul’s Wokingham, Sunday 14th October, Confirmation Service with Bishop Andrew of Reading and all those being confirmed.
Hazel Berry: firstname.lastname@example.org