SONNING DEANERY PRAYER CYCLE
Number 60 December 2017
This month our special focus is on Advent and Christmas
In December in the Deanery please pray for:
Our preparations for Christmas in our churches, schools, uniformed organisations and in our homes that we may truly be ready to celebrate Christ’s coming.
The schools which will come to worship in our churches at this time, that the young people will learn more of the true meaning of Christmas.
For all those leading Services and other events in our Deanery throughout December. Praying that the people who attend these events will feel welcomed and blessed
- 1st Crowthorne Late night shopping supported by the Crowthorne churches
- 2nd Ruscombe and Twyford with Hurst at Hurst Village Hall, Christmas Fayre, 11am-3pm
St Mary’s, Winnersh, Gratis Choir in Concert, 7:30pm
- 3rd St Catherine’s Bearwood 11am Family Eucharist with the Bishop of Reading
St John’s Crowthorne . Advent Fair after the 10am service, Taize Worship, 6pm
St James Ruscombe – Berkshire Recorder Consort Concert, 3pm
St George’s Owlsmoor Christingle Service, 4pm
- 8th Wargrave with Knowl Hill, Wreath Making 2.30 & 7.30pm with a short talk entitled ‘Immanuel – God with us ‘
- 10th St Sebastians 10am Christingle ServiceSt Mary’s Winnersh, Messy Christingle for all the family. 3pm
- 9th -12th St Michaels Sandhurst Christmas Tree Festival, 9th -10th Advent Fair
- 12th Woosehill Music Group Carols at Old Leathern Bottle 7pm
- 15th St Sebastians Christmas themed Messy Church 3.15-4.45pm
- 17th Carol Services, Traditional services of Nine lessons and carols and Carols by Candlelight in many of the churches in the Deanery
- 20th Woosehill Music Group Carols outside Morrisons 7.30-8.30pm Also singing in local retirement/sheltered housing complexes.
- 23rd Wargrave with Knowl Hill Seniors’ Carols
- 24th Crib and Nativity Services in many of the churches in the Deanery
St George’s Owlsmoor Carols round the tree – with the youth group 4.30pm
Midnight Mass/ Midnight Communion in many of the churches in the Deanery
- 25th Christmas Day Services in all our churches.
- 31st New Years Eve Services looking back on 2017 and forward to 2018
Other matters in the Deanery
Please pray for:
- Jason Bowles youth worker and his team at All Saints Wokingham putting on a Christmas youth event for the first time .
- That the search for a new Associate Priest at All Saints will meet with a favourable response and the right person will be discerned.
- Anna Harwood recently installed as Vicar of the Benefice of Ruscombe and Twyford with Hurst and the new Administrative Assistant, Debs Procter
- A new Treasurer to come forward for St George’s Owlsmoor following the sudden death of the previous office holder
Hazel Berry: email@example.com