No. 85 January 2020
This month our special focus is on Arborfield with Barkham and Christ Church Wokingham.
- For our family of churches gathering for our annual joint service on January 26th. Pray we would give God the glory for all he has done and be encouraged to continue to serve him.
Arborfield – St Bartholomew’s – Please pray
- Give thanks for all those who continue to serve joyfully in seen and unseen ways week by week.
- That as the new year begins, we would continue to rejoice in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour and seek to live in light of his return.
- The leadership team: Andy Kearns (Minister)
- Wardens: Patricia Fryer, Joe Brown
- Treasurer: Mark McDonnell
- PCC secretary: Tom Auden
Barkham – St James’ – Please pray
- That the Lord would have been working in the hearts of some who came to our Carol services and that they would join us in January with a desire to find out more about Jesus.
- Give thanks for those who have joined us recently. Pray they would settle into the church family so that we might grow and serve the Lord together.
- that we would grow in our prayerfulness; that we would be ‘Devoted to prayer, being watchful and thankful’ (Colossians 4:2)
- The leadership team: Julian Bidgood (minister), David Horrocks, Michael Byrne
- Wardens: Mark Stevens, Craig Manning
- Treasurer: Lionel Matsuya
- PCC secretary: Isobel Manning
Arborfield Green – Church at the Green – Please pray
- Give thanks for number of relationships strengthened through outreach events pre-Christmas and pray that from amongst them there may be those who come to faith in Jesus in 2020.
- Give thanks for the many children aged 0-11 who belong to CTG and pray they may grow into lifelong followers of Jesus.
- That we would be a people who ‘Rejoice always, pray continually and give thanks in all circumstances.
- The leadership team: Piers Bickersteth (Minister)
- Elders: James Carpenter, Ed Clark
Christ Church Wokingham – Please pray
- Give thanks for provision of a house for the Huddleston family.
- For those who give so much time to serving the church family. That they would serve in the strength God supplies and find real joy in serving.
- The leadership team: Mark Huddleston (Minister), Mellissa Tuthill
- Wardens: Martin Northend, Helen Hotchkiss
- Treasurer: Graham Richardson
- PCC secretary: Andrew Bateman
In the Deanery please pray for:
- All Saints Wokingham as they begin to ask for donations to realise the vision for a church building which is an accessible and open community hub.
- Woosehill Guidance for post-Christmas reflection for a prophetic vision for the or the years ahead.
- A sense of the ‘privilege’ of serving the King and making and taking opportunity to serve the people of God in Woosehill.
- Hope and thanksgiving trust in God in the midst of illnesses.
- The next processes after the energy audits one of which is application for funds for implimentation of these recommendations.
- The process of transition at Hawthorns Primary school as they look for the next head teacher.
- Winnersh Parish, especially that the Parish Priest, the PCC, Churchwardens and Parish Development Adviser may be enabled to listen to what God is saying as we consider our future mission and ministry in 2020 and beyond.