No. 93 September 2020
This month we continue to pray for all the churches, schools, and communities in our deanery.
Please pray for:
- The churches in our deanery, our Area Dean, all clergy, ministry teams and those responsible for making our churches safe for worship
- The simpler form which our services now take and for those who mourn the loss of singing.
- Those who find the wearing of face masks during worship difficult and uncomfortable.
- Churches where the size and structure of the building makes it difficult to accommodate more than a small number of people for worship at a social distance, that solutions will be found.
- Sides people and Welcome teams responsible for making sure that social distancing is observed in church and that we will courteously observe the rules.
- Those responsible for cleaning the churches after services and other activities..
- Business and social meetings which have to continue to be held on Zoom.
- Our children and young people whose Sunday Schools and Youth Groups may have been disrupted during Lockdown.
- Wisdom to discern ways in which we can continue to reach out to those outside our usual worshipping community who joined us in our video and live-streamed services,
- Those still shielding and feeling sad because they feel so isolated.
- All who still do not feel safe to return to church attendance, that they will still be able to access services streamed, videoed or recorded.
- Those who are still ill or with the viral aftermath of Covid 19, facing long weeks of limitation and exhaustion.
- Our schools as they reopen,
- Head teachers with responsibility for making decisions to keep everyone feeling safe and secure.
- Teachers who may feel anxious and vulnerable in the classroom
- Pupils of all ages, that they will understand the need for social distancing and will observe the instructions they are given for their safety.
- Pupils in years 10 – 13 as they prepare for exams and catch up on lessons missed during lockdown.
- Young people as they prepare for work or to go to university.
- Finchampstead and California in the continuing exercise to finalise the Parish Profile and start the appointment process for a new incumbent.
Please give thanks for:
- The beauty of the natural world around us
- The patience and understanding shown by so many people over the last months.
In the wider world please continue to pray for:
- The world leaders, that the advice they receive may lead them to make the right decisions to bring the spread of the Corona virus under control.
- Those in leadership in our country, the Government, all our MPs and local politicians and for the scientists and other advisors.
- Those working to develop a reliable vaccine and those volunteering to test the vaccine..
An alternative Collect for the Tenth Sunday after Trinity in Daily Prayer SSF.
“Lord of heaven and earth,
as Jesus taught his disciples to be persistent in prayer,
give us patience and courage never to lose hope,
but always to bring our prayers before you;
though Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.”