No. 94 October 2020
This month our special focus is on the Parish of Sonning, Charvil and Sonning Eye
Please pray for:
Vicar: Rev’d Jamie Taylor
Associate Vicar: Revd Kate Wakeman Toogood
Youth Minister: Chris West
LLM: Bob Peters
Church Wardens: Perry Mills, Stuart Bowman
Deputy Wardens: Molly Woodly, Sue Peters, Mark Jordan
Administrator and Sec: Hilary Rennie
Treasurer: Richard Moore
In the Parish please pray for:
- The Sunday Services now at 930am and all who come to worship
- The youth and children’s ministry leaders as we seek to restore and rebuild after the Covid lockdown
- all the members of our pensioners’ lunch club ‘Rendezvous’, unable to meet together since March
In the Deanery please pray for:
- All Churches as we have re-opened for public worship and private prayer
- Those responsible for making our Churches safe places to worship
- The ongoing safety and co-ordination of our socially distanced services in our church building.
- Those unable to attend that they may still be able to connect with and feel a valued part of our congregation.
- All children, young people and those working in schools, colleges and universities as lecturers, teachers and support staff that they will be protected.
- For the children and families in the deanery, as our churches restart activities, and continue to make children welcome in new and different ways, and for wisdom and discernment as we work out the best way to support and encourage the faith of our young people.
- For all who have being ordained deacon at this time in the Oxford Diocese, particularly for Cara Smart, ordained deacon on 26th September and for all at St Paul’s Wokingham, St Nicholas and Woosehill, where Cara will serve her curacy.
- For Rev’d Soba Sinnathamby, welcomed as the new Methodist minister to the circuit and to Woosehill Church, and for our ongoing and close relationship with the Methodist Churches and the enrichment that brings to our faith.
Nationally, please pray for:
- The government as they are forced to introduce stricter measures to bring the spread of the virus under control.
Prayer in as we travel on:
Lord Jesus Christ, light of this world, thank you for the hope you have given us.
Help us to give our worries to you and, above all, to trust in your unfailing love.
For you have promised us “Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you.”
Almighty God, our protector, let us trust in you to carry us through this time of uncertainty.
Jesus, hear our cries as we mourn those who’ve lost.
Whatever tomorrow may bring, we will praise your name.