No. 99 March 2021
This month we continue with our focus on all Parishes in the Deanery as we begin to emerge from our third Lockdown.
In our Deanery, please pray for:
- All our Churches, our clergy, and people
- Our keeping of the season of Lent
- Lent groups for our fellowship and our learning as we study together virtually.
- Mothering Sunday Services in whatever form they take.
- Palm Sunday Services
- Holy week services as we prepare to celebrate Easter Day.
In our communities, please pray for:
- Our keeping to the plan for our progress out of Lockdown and that we will continue to respect sensible rules to keep us all safe.
- The recovery of all the NHS staff who are worn out having worked so tirelessly in hospitals and in the community over the past year.
In the wider world we pray:
- That the wealthier countries will make supplies of the COVID-19 vaccine more available to the poorer countries
We give thanks for:
- The role out of the vaccines and for the efficient way the services have worked together, and the protection it is giving us.
- The numbers of people applying to train as nurses, inspired by what they have seen of the NHS during the Pandemic,
- Signs of spring all around us in the snowdrops, crocuses, daffodils and the song of the birds.
Ever present God,
be with us in our isolation,
be close to us in our distancing,
be healing to us in our sickness,
be light in our darkness,
be wisdom in our confusion,
be all that is familiar when all is unfamiliar,
that when the doors re-open
we may with the zeal of Pentecost
inhabit our communities.
and speak of your goodness.
to an emerging world.
For Jesus’ sake. AmenVery Rev’d Andrew Nunn