No. 100 April 2021
This month our special focus is on Wokingham All Saints.
Please pray for:
Rector: Reverend Canon David Hodgson
Associate Priest: Reverend Hannah Higginson (on maternity leave)
Honorary Priest: Reverend Colin James
Authorised Lay Preacher: John Boylan
Churchwardens: Clive Charlton, Alun James
PCC Treasurer: Anne King
Parish Administrator & PCC Secretary: Jane Hodgson
In the Parish, please pray for:
- For all who worship at All Saints Church
- The Spaceforall project to revitalise the church building and provide a community space.
- Mission and outreach in the new housing estates in the parish
- Becky Medlicott preparing for ordination in the summer coming to All Saints as a curate-in-training.
- Chrispen Gumbs ordinand in training on placement at All Saints.
In the Deanery, please pray for:
- All our churches and especially those which have been worshipping online as they begin to open up again for worship in church.
- Our keeping of Good Friday.
- Our celebration of Easter Day.
- St Pauls and Woosehill Churches as they return to in-person worship for Holy Week, and for all of the conversations around which activities to re-start and when to re-start them – that we will be guided by the Spirit to know what to pick up and which new opportunities and moments we should pursue.
- Those who have been most badly affected by the last 12 months, giving thanks for those who have been so selfless and generous during these last weeks.
- Woosehill Church, a long established. single congregation Local Ecumenical Partnership in the Parish of St Paul, Wokingham where 2021 is going to be a time of change, adjustment and reflection for every part of society and every Church. Woosehill has seen a change in ordained leadership, some people have moved away over the last 18 months and others have changed their Church. We have committed to undertaking a thorough review of our activities over the coming months and ask your prayers during this process.
- St John the Baptist Crowthorne as we return to worship in Church on Easter Sunday, but also for all those who will miss the videoed services.
In our country, our leaders and ourselves:
- For wisdom for our leaders as they continue to plan and monitor the easing of restriction
- That we will all behave responsibly to stop the spread of the virus.
- Giving thanks for the continuing role out of the vaccine and all that it means to each of us in our community life.
- Continuing to remember all those who have lost their lives as a result of Covid 19 and those who mourn their loss
In the world please pray:
- For those working on new vaccines and those refining the existing vaccines particularly as the virus mutates.
When everything was dark
and it seemed that the sun would never shine again,
your love broke through.
Your love was too strong
for death to hold.
The sparks cast by your love
dance and spread
and burst forth
with resurrection light.
by the Revd Michaela Youngson.