No.112 April 2022
This month our focus is on St Andrew’s Sonning, Charvil and Sonning Eye
Please pray for:
Vicar: Revd Jamie Taylor
Associate Vicar: Revd Kate Toogood
Youth Minister: Chris West
LLM: Bob Peters
Wardens: Liz Nelson and Stuart Bowman
Parish administrator: Hilary Rennie
Director of Music: Hannah Towndrow
Parish Magazine Editor: Bob Peters
In the Parish, please pray for:
- The three services we hold, 8am BCP, 10.30am family worship and our monthly Evensong service.
- The older members of the congregation and the Rendezvous Club.
- Messy Church for local families
- The Sunday Club for 5-11’s.
- STAY on Friday youth club for teens.
- STAY on Sunday Youth Group for teens.
- STAY schools work, including mentoring & assemblies.
- The new Alpha Course starting after Easter.
- Confirmation classes starting in September.
- The detached youth work project in Charvil, under the leadership of Chris West.
- The newly established choral foundation, recruiting 4 choral scholars and an assistant organist in the coming months.
- Continued protection of the team’s health.
In the Deanery we pray for:
- All Saints Wokingham on the verge of the re-ordering works starting at the end of March, for the church community worshiping in The Cornerstone centre for 7 months; and for all those involved in the works on the church building.
- Crowthorne, St Sebastian’s and Winnersh and Bearwood, all continuing in vacancy.
- Joel Knight as he moves to Wokingham to become Minister at Christ Church, Wokingham.
- Those Deanery clergy living with Long Covid.
- That the rest of Lent, will be a challenging and affirming time for all of us.
- All our Holy Week Services.
- A joyful Eastertide.
In the wider world we pray for:
- The people of Ukraine, those remaining there in terror and those seeking to leave.
- All relief agencies; those working on the borders between Ukraine and their neighbours and relief agencies in the receiving countries.
- That the countries receiving refugees from Ukraine will treat them with the respect and compassion they would expect if they were forced into the same situation.
whose children suffered at the hands of Herod,
though they had done no wrong;
by the suffering of your Son
and by the innocence of our lives
frustrate all evil designs
and establish your reign of justice and peace;
through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen
[Collect for The Holy Innocents’ Day, The Daily Office SSF]