No.114 June 2022
This month our focus is on St Mary the Virgin, Winnersh and St Catherine Bearwood.
Please pray for:
Church Wardens: Anne Warner (St Mary’s) Debbie Brunt (St Catherine’s)
Assistant Church Wardens: Richard Turner (St Mary’s) Joanna Brown (St Catherine’s)
PCC Vice Lay Chair: Joanna Brown
PCC Secretary: Alison Vacher
Treasurer: Derek Manning
Parish Administrator: Samantha Robson-Hurst
In the Parish, please pray for:
- The churchwardens, Debbie and Anne and all those working so hard to keep St. Mary and St. Catherine worshipping every Sunday.
- The visiting priests who ensure that there are services every Sunday and give thanks for their ministry to us.
In the Deanery, please pray for:
- Our Churches as we celebrate Pentecost.
- All preparing to be ordained this summer, and in this Deanery, Richard Eves, St Mary’s Wargrave and Becky Medlicott, All Saints, Wokingham who will be ordained Priest.
- Parishes in and preparing for a vacancy – Crowthorne, St Sebastians, Winnersh and Bearwood, and Ruscombe, Twyford and Hurst, and for those who will be taking on additional responsibilities as a result to maintain the life of the Church.
- All our Churches as we celebrate and give thanks for the Platinum Jubilee celebrating the 70-year faithful service given to this country by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth. And for all the Services and the parties which will mark this. That it will be a time of great rejoicing.
- The outdoor Jubilee service on Sunday 5th June at 10am – lead by the churches in Ruscombe and Twyford on Stanlake Meadow. The service will take place on the Twyford Beer festival site The church family will then relocate to the Donkey Derby for an afternoon of community outreach
- All those sitting exams this term, and for the staff and families who support and care for them.
- Those who continue to struggle with the aftermath of Covid.
In the wider world, please pray for:
- All involved in the conflict in Ukraine.
- Afghanistan, especially the young women being denied secondary and further education.
- All those affected by gun and knife crime.
Gracious God, we give you thanks
for the reign of your servant Elizabeth our Queen,
and for the example of loving and faithful service
which she has shown among us.
Help us to follow her example of dedication
and to commit our lives to you and to one another,
through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Collect from the Platinum Jubilee Liturgy