No. 113 May 2022
This month our focus is on St Mary’s Wargrave with St Peter’s Knowl Hill
Please pray for:
Vicar: Revd John Cook
Associate Priest: RevdSteve Turville
Curate: Revd Richard Eves
Lay Minister: Andy Ferguson
Church Wardens Wargrave: Ian Matthews and Mark Puddy
Church Warden Knowl Hill: Sandra Baker
Administration Manager: Lucy Bowley
In the Parish, please pray for:
- The new pattern of Sunday services at Wargrave will strengthen us to reach out to families, children, and young people.
- At Knowl Hill for a deepening of church families discipleship and for wisdom and resources for the renovation of the church building.
In the Deanery, please pray for:
- Winnersh and Bearwood, St Sebastians and Crowthorne, all in vacancy, and for those taking on new roles and extra responsibilities at the moment, and for all those involved in appointment processes.
- All those involved in our local schools who are still exhausted from the last 2 years and still under great pressure.
- All those suffering from the exhaustion of Long Covid.
- Joel and Frankie Knight, as they move to Wokingham from Oxford, on the 24th of April and for Joel as he is Licensed as Minister of Christ Church, Wokingham.
- All Saints Church that the ‘spaceforall’, reordering work begins and proceeds well with the chosen contractors.
In the wider world, please continue to pray for:
- All involved in the conflict in Ukraine
- The people of Ukraine, those remaining there, those who have left to seek sanctuary, and those seeking to leave.
- The relief agencies and all working on the borders between Ukraine and their neighbours.
- That all the countries receiving refugees from Ukraine will treat them with the respect and compassion they would expect if they were forced into the same situation and for the speeding up of provision of visas.
God of glory,
by the raising of your Son
you have broken the chains of death and hell:
fill your Church with faith and hope;
for a new day has dawned
and the way to life stands open
in our Saviour Jesus Christ. Amen
Alternative Collect for Easter Day, The Daily Office SSF,