No. 83 November 2019
This month our special focus is on Sonning Deanery Synod
Please pray for:
- Area Dean: Rev’d Richard Lamey
- Lay Chair: John Smith
- Associate Area Dean: Rev’d Jane Kraft
- Secretary: Bridget Crossley
- Treasurer: Vacant
- Quinquennial Inspection Secretary: Michael Byrne
- Ecumenical Representative: David Hare
- Standing Committee: Rev’d Richard Lamey, John Smith, Rev’d Jane Kraft, Bridget Crossley, Pauline Humphreys, Judith Scott, Rev’d Catherine Vaughan
- Representatives on Diocesan Synod: Rev’d Richard Lamey, Rev’d Hugh Barne, Martin Hughes, Judith Scott, John Smith, Peter Barrett
- In Synod please pray:
- For the Deanery Plan, that we will continue to listen to God as we listen to each other and try to enact our plan for the local Churches in four groups:
- encouraging lay discipleship,
- reaching out to the new housing estates being built locally,
- setting up the right training courses to deepen our faith
- building stronger relationships within the Deanery.
- Praying for all those involved in these groups as they start working in these areas, so that we might become a stronger Deanery, becoming better at supporting the ministry of each parish and its people.
In the Deanery please pray for:
- The Environment Impact Conference at Beech Hill Memorial Hall 7th November
- The evening entitled “Christians Together on Climate” on 23rd November, 6:30 for 7 till 9 at St Lawrence’s Reading as they consider the responses from the local churches and diocesan funding
- St Mary’s, Winnersh holding fund raising events in November, a Hand Bell Concert and a Pamper Evening to raise the £10.000 needed for a new boiler
- Give thanks for the appointment of a new Parish Administrator for Winnersh Parish, that there will be a strengthening of the good links with the public, local schools, residential homes, funeral directors, and enhance communication with the Diocese and Deanery.
- St. Catherine’s Church Bearwood celebrating its Patronal Festival on the Feast of Christ the King (24th November) with a Joint Eucharist with St. Mary’s Winnersh at 11.00am that the Holy Spirit will lead us into God’s preferred and promised future for the parish.
- The Quench, the Christian Bookshop, at Holme Grange, Wokingham, experiencing difficulty with team personal health and family issues and reduction in sales.