No. 105 September 2021
This month our special focus is on our Sonning Deanery Synod
Please pray for:
Area Dean: Rev Richard Lamey
Assistant Area Dean: Rev Jane Kraft
All Deanery Synod Members
- The work towards the new Deanery Plan for the year ahead, that it will be focused, effective and blessed by the Holy Spirit
- The Deanery Standing Committee as they meet on 8th Sept that they form a good team and work well together
- Deanery Synod meeting on 22nd September
- Give thanks for John Sutton who has been elected as Lay chair and praying for him as he takes on this role
- Give thanks for Lynne Paine who has been elected Deanery Treasurer and praying for her has she takes on this role
In the Deanery, please pray for:
- Rev Leonard Onugha as he settles in as Rector of Finchampstead, and for his family.
- Rev Becky Medlicott as she settles in as curate at Wokingham All Saints and for her family.
- Rev Richard Eves as he settles in as Curtate in Wargrave and for his family.
- St Georges Owlsmoor as they start an Alpha Course on Tuesday 14th September that God will send the right people to join the course.
- Rev Lisa Cornwell as she leaves Crowthorne to take up a post in the Guildford Diocese, and for her husband Mike, that they will be blessed as they journey on.
- All at St John the Baptist Crowthorne as they begin the vacancy and especially those carrying extra responsibility for caring for the parish.
- Those who still feel uncertain, isolated and forgotten that we will continue to care for them and make provision for their needs.
- All children and young people as they return to school and college. May the measures taken to keep them safe from the virus be effective so that their study can continue uninterupted.
In the wider world, please pray for:
- The people of Haiti in the aftermath of the earthquake, for all those killed or injured and those who lost family, friends, home and livelihood
- All those affected by the regime-change in Afghanistan for those who are fleeing that they will find asylum, and those who are staying that they will be kept safe.
- That we will all read and take seriously the IPCC climate report, and act responsibly.
God of love,
turn our hearts to your ways;
and give us peace.