No. 116 August 2022
In the Deanery please pray for:
- Parishes continuing in a vacancy – St Sebastians, Winnersh and Bearwood, and Ruscombe, Twyford and Hurst, and for those who will be taking on additional responsibilities as a result to maintain the life of the Church.
- All Clergy taking a summer break that they will return rested and refreshed.
- Those able to take holidays away from home, for safe undisrupted travel and that activities will be safe and enjoyable, that all will return rested and refreshed for the autumn.
- Those whose plans are disrupted by problems at airports.
- Those unable to take holidays because of finance or work commitments or other circumstances, that they will still find periods of rest and relaxation.
- All families under pressure because they are having to juggle childcare or struggling to make ends meet with the rising cost of living.
- those who are waiting for results of exams, and for all those moving on to new courses and colleges in September.
- For any able to enjoy a holiday through the Mother’s Union ‘Away from it all’ (AFIA) holiday scheme.
- Churches together in Crowthorne Summer activities on the Morgan Recreation Ground, afternoons of Fri 29th July, 5,12 and19 August 3-5 pm.
- All our parishes, as we plan Autumn activities.
- All Saints Wokingham Parish Quiet Day on 3rd September on the theme of renewal and recommitment
In this country, please pray for:
- The many groups seeking to care for the Ukrainian people arriving in this country by providing access to food banks, English language classes and help with form filling to give access to services and employment.
In the wider world, please pray for:
- All involved in conflict in all parts of the world and those who seek to broker peace.
- The relief agencies and all working on the borders between Ukraine and their neighbours.
- That all the countries receiving refugees from Ukraine will treat them with the respect and compassion they would expect if they were forced into the same situation and for the speeding up of provision of visas.
Thank you, Lord, for the times of refreshment, so that we may be renewed in body soul and spirit.
Lord, you reminded your disciples that they needed to times of refreshment from the stresses and strains of the day, and we thank you for the opportunity to enjoy different and new experiences. May this time be one of warmth and love and filled with fun and fellowship. May we rest in you and return refreshed in body soul and spirit. Amen.