No.117 September 2022
This month our special focus is on St Pauls, St Nicholas Embrook and Woosehill
Please pray for:
Rector and Area Dean: Canon Richard Lamey
Associate Priest and
Associate Area Dean: Reverend Jane Kraft
Associate Priest: Reverend Judi Hattaway
Assistant Curate: Reverend Cara Smart
Woosehill Methodist Minister: Reverend Soba Sinnathamby
Methodist Lay Preacher: Doreen Murgatroyd
Parish Administrator: Louise Cole
Churchwardens (St Paul’s): Peter Wells, Mary Cassidy and Pippa Sutton
and Pro-Wardens (St Nick’s): Liz Gallagher and Fiona Albinson
Woosehill Stewards: John Hoskins and Steve Lewis
PCC Treasurer: Lyn Austen
PCC Secretary: Lesley Ruddock
Woosehill Council Secretary: Vacant
Woosehill Treasurer: Lynne Paine
At St Pauls, St Nicholas and Woosehill please pray for:
- All those in positions of leadership and responsibility within the parish.
- A deepening return of confidence and vision after the pandemic.
- Our mission and impact on the town.
- Our work in Schools across the parish and town as the new academic year begins.
- Work in Nursing and Care homes.
- Effectiveness of our new Visiting Team and for a good uptake for our new Bible Study Groups.
- At Woosehill, the Thursday Groups, the monthly Saturday Sip & Share and Tadpoles.
- At Woosehill, someone to come forward as Council Secretary.
In the Deanery, please pray for:
- The Deanery Synod meeting on Wednesday 28th Sept. The venue tbc.
- Parishes continuing in a vacancy – St Sebastians, Winnersh and Bearwood, and Ruscombe, Twyford and Hurst, and for those who will be taking on additional responsibilities as a result to maintain the life of the Church.
- Crowthorne preparing to welcome Reverend Laura Downs as new Vicar in October. For Laura and her family as they move to Crowthorne.
- All who will take part in Ride and Stride on Saturday 10 September.
In this country, please pray for:
- All suffering financial hardship as a result inflation and the rise in the cost of living.
- All suffering from the effects of drought, floods, or wildfires.
- The many groups seeking to care for the Ukrainian people arriving in this country, offering hospitality, and providing access to food banks, English language classes and help with form filling to give access to services and employment.
In the wider world, please pray for:
- Our observing of the ‘Season of Creation’, 1 September to 4 October. With the ‘Listen to the Voice of Creation’. https://www.churchofengland.org/about/environment-and-climate-change/season-creation
- All involved in conflict in all parts of the world and those who seek to broker peace.
A prayer inspired by the papal encyclical ‘Laudato Si’
have mercy on us,
for the times we forget
that we belong to each other.
You call us to be still,
to hear the whisper of our Sister Wind,
to feel the radiance of our Brother Sun,
and to be nourished by our Mother Earth.
Renew us in your healing love.
Inspire us to water the earth,
and nurture one another,
so all may flourish.
Together, as one family,
may we always sing your praise.
Through Christ our Lord,