No. 122 February 2023
This month our special focus is on the Sonning Deanery Synod
Please Pray for:
Area Dean: Rev Richard Lamey
Assistant Area Dean: Rev Jane Kraft
Lay Chair: John Sutton
Secretary: Leigh Welham
Treasurer: Lynne Paine
The Sonning Deanery Synod Standing Committee
All members of Sonning Deanery Synod
For the Synod please pray for:
- All those who are anxiously watching General Synod; for their thoughts and decision around the questions posed by Living in Love and Faith.
- The Parish Share group that they may reach a decision that is fair and acceptable for all
- The Deanery Green Teams group focused on care of creation with the objectives, of learning from each other, sharing resources and ideas, and finding ways of working on green matters more closely together as a Deanery.
- Those Clergy in the Deanery suffering from long Covid.
- The Soulscape event at St Paul’s on Climate Change and Global Warming on 5th February, 3-6pm. An afternoon for young people aged 6-11 years.
- The Hong Kong congregation who will be using the church hall at St Mary’s Winnersh to worship from Easter.
In the Deanery Please Pray for:
- The people of St Sebastians Church in the appointment of a new incumbent.
- The parishes in vacancy as they consider their future – for Ruscombe, Twyford and Hurst and for Winnersh and Bearwood.
In the wider community please continue to pray for:
- The homeless and those forced to sleep outside during this winter and for all seeking to provide hot meals, temporary beds and help with applications for benefits.
- All struggling with the cost-of-living crisis, to keep their families warm and food on the table.
- All Food Banks
In the World: PEACE
God of all mercy
your Son proclaimed good news to the poor
release to the captives
and freedom to the oppressed
anoint us with your Holy Spirit
and set all people free
to praise you in Christ our Lord