No.109 January 2022
This month our Focus is on St James, Finchampstead + St Mary and St John, California + St Eligius, Arborfield Green
Please pray for:
Associate Priest: Rev Canon John Edwards
Associate Priest: Rev Julian McAllen
New Communities Minister: Rev Tonia Elliott
In the Parish, please pray for:
- A successful Alpha Course starting in January
- The work in our local schools: supporting the families
- The support of the Youth Groups within our parish: For the young people affected by the changes to usual school events caused by responses to Covid 19.
- The elderly unable or afraid to leave their homes.
- The housing developments in Arborfield Green, the friendship and new projects at St Eligius and the growth of the family support based at the Church. For the development of Live streamed broadcasts, that they are seen by more people and the love of God is stirred in hearts of those who watch. For a speedy conclusion to the commercial conversations.
- The Church of St Mary and St John meeting in Gorse Ride primary school: that the congregation will continue to grow.
- The regeneration of Gorse Ride South: the families affected by the move, difficulties accepting necessary change and disturbance to the usual pattern of life. Thanks for the beautiful new homes with more to follow.
In the Parish, please give thanks:
- For the work to support the residents during this time and the continued success of Creative Cafe and other ventures.
- For the acts of neighbourliness shown and received. Thanks for the deepening friendships from the telephone support lines commenced at the beginning of lockdown and that we may reach more people in need of help with more people willing to assist
- For the Ministry team who have responded and guided the parish through continuing difficult times, and those who support them.
- That despite the numerous road works we remain able to visit our Churches and benefit from spiritual refreshment.
- For the work of the PCC.
- That we live in a beautiful area.
In the Deanery, please pray for:
- Andrew and Ros Marsden as Andrew takes early retirement in February on health grounds.
- The parish of St Sebastian’s as they move into a vacancy.
- Winnersh and Bearwood and for Crowthorne, both continuing in vacancy.
- Those who have had to take on extra responsibility and leadership during the ongoing pandemic.
- All of us as in the next weeks we may face further restrictions to reduce the spread of the virus.
- That the work of Cop26 will not be forgotten and that we all work together reduce climate change.
God our creator,
who in the beginning,
commanded the light to shine out of darkness:
we pray that the light of the glorious gospel of Christ
shine into the hearts of all your people,
and reveal the knowledge of your glory
in the face of Jesus Christ your Son our Lord,
who is alive and reigns with us,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, now and for ever.
Collect for the Fourth Sunday of Epiphany