No. 108 December 2021
This month we continue to pray for our Deanery and with a special focus on Christmas in our Churches.
Please pray for:
- All of us as we continue to take precautions against the spreading of the Covid 19 virus.
- Advent Services as we prepare ourselves for Christmas.
- All Christmas services: Carol Services, Christingles, Crib Services, Midnight Mass, and Christmas Day Services.
- Those coming to Church this Christmas for the first time in many months, and those for whom Christmas is their only visit.
- All our festivities and opportunities to be with friends.
- Owlsmoor, Sat 18th December 4-6pm Walk Thru’ Nativity, Sun 19th December 6.30pm Carol Service
- All Saints Wokingham giving thanks and praying for the church choir coming together to sing Nine Lessons and Carols on Christmas Eve after such a long break; and that the booking system for services will work well so everyone will feel safe and comfortable and able to focus on Christmas worship without anxiety.
- Sandhurst, Christmas buffet on the 28th December which is our lunch for the isolated in the community, and the work of Sandhurst Youth as they continue their outreach work in Sandhurst Over Christmas.
- Boxing Day Services.
- All who find Christmas a difficult time for whatever reason
- Winnersh and Bearwood, and Crowthorne, in vacancy, for the writing of Parish Profiles and for all additional work and responsibility for Church Wardens, LLMs and PCCs.
- St Sebastians, and their Vicar, Andrew Marsden, and his wife, Ros, as he is still too unwell to work, that he will regain his health and strength, and for all those taking on new responsibilities and tasks to keep things in the Parish going.
In the wider world please pray:
- That decisions and promises made at COP26 will be kept
- For all countries already severely affected by climate change.
- For all refugees and displaced people separated from family and friends, especially at Christmas time.
give us grace to cast away the works of darkness
and to put on the armour of light,
now in the time of this mortal life,
in which your Son Jesus Christ came to us in great humility;
that on the last day,
when he shall come again in his glorious majesty to judge the living and the dead,
we may rise to the life immortal;
through him who is alive and reigns with you,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever.