No. 107 November 2021
This month our special focus is on St John the Baptist Crowthorne
Please pray for:
Church Wardens: Leigh Welham and Leslie Richardson
LLMs: Gillian Gyenes, Hazel Berry, Julia Norton
PCC Secretary: Mary Harwood
Treasurer: Rebecca Al-Jadir
In the Parish, please pray for:
- Wisdom and discernment for those with responsibility for making decisions about the future for our parish.
- The Church Wardens, LLMs and PCC as we work together during this time of vacancy.
- Carol Frost as she is Licensed as an LLM at Christ Church in Oxford on 7 November.
- The regular Sunday 10am Eucharist and the midweek Wednesday 10am service.
- Our whole church community, those attending the services, those listening online and for all who make it possible for these services to take place safely at this difficult time.
- The Sunday Club at St John’s for children aged 5-11 starting monthly on Sunday 7 November.
- Minus 5s at 9.30 on Wednesdays starting on 3 November.
- The Remembrance Day Service on 14 November at the Lych Gate our War Memorial.
- The office and those who volunteer.
- Our Church School and our input leading assemblies there.
- The pastoral outreach personally and through the weekly news online and delivered personally.
- The Mothers Union meetings and pastoral outreach.
- The Friday prayer Group
- And give thanks for all the clergy who are visiting week by week to conduct services
In the Deanery, please pray for:
- Deanery Standing Committee on Wednesday 3rd November on Zoom
- Deanery Synod on Wednesday 24th November on Zoom
- Winnersh and Bearwood, who are in vacancy
- St Sebastian’s Church and Andrew Marsden working reduced hours because of his health.
- All Saints Wokingham giving thanks for the amazing generosity and support so far for our spaceforall community project to reorder the church building, that the right tender price will come in this month for the project, and that work can proceed without further delay.
In the Wider World please pray for:
- The COP 26 Conference 11 October – 12 November, that it will produce action for the good of the planet, not just talk.
- All refugees arriving in this area, especially at this time those from Afghanistan and Hong Kong.
We praise your name with all you have created.
You are present in the whole universe,
and in the smallest of creatures.
We acknowledge the responsibilities you have placed upon us
as stewards of your creation.
May the Holy Spirit inspire all political leaders at COP26 as they
seek to embrace the changes needed to foster a more sustainable society.
Instil in them the courage and gentleness to implement fairer solutions
for the poorest and most vulnerable,
and commit their nations to the care of Our Common Home.
We ask this through Our Lord Jesus Christ your Son. Amen (CAFOD)