No.127 July 2023
This month our special focus is on the Parish of St Andrew Sonning, Charvil and Sonning Eye.
Please Pray for:
Vicar: Rev. Jamie Taylor
Associate Vicar: Rev. Kate Toogood
LLM: Bob Peters
Youth Minister: Chris West
Office Manager: Hilary Rennie
Church Wardens: Stuart Bowman, Liz Nelson
Deputy Churchwardens: Terry Hunt, Simon Darvall, Sue Peters, Ruth Jeffry
In the Parish, please Pray for:
- Sunday services.
- STAY youth work (11-18 age).
- Sunday club (U11’s age).
- Our young people taking part in holiday activities and a summer camp
- Messy church
- Rendezvous – Older Persons lunch club.
- All the pastoral work carried out with visits and conversations.
- Our Alpha Course members
- Exploration of a new ‘Girls Worker’ post
In the Deanery, please pray for:
- Winnersh and Bearwood and Ruscombe, Twyford and Hurst Parishes in vacancy as they seek to discern God’s call about their future structure and shape.
- The vacancies in Finchampstead and All Saints, Wokingham.
- Those taking on new responsibilities during all these vacancies.
- David and Lorraine Hodgson as they move into retirement after 26 years at All Saints.
- Crowthorne Mother’s Union as they celebrate 130 years since their inauguration and for all the pastoral work and outreach done through the Branch.
- The green teams across the deanery, for support and encouragement as they in turn encourage parishes to prioritise the green agenda.
- Parishes as they work towards the diocesan goal of net zero by 2035.
- Green initiatives including a series of lectures in the autumn exploring climate justice and the Earth Fayre at All Saints church in September.
In this country, please pray for:
- All struggling with budgeting due to the rise in the cost of living.
- All worrying about housing costs whether rent or mortgage.
In the world, please pray for:
- All places where there is war and conflict, especially in Ukraine, for those who have lost everything in the floods after the bombing of the Kakhovka dam.
- The situation in Sudan, Afghanistan, and Israel/Palestine – for those seeking bring relief and to broker peace.
- The world leaders, that they will make wise and just decisions which respect the earth and all that live in it especially those who are poorest and most vulnerable.
send down upon your Church,
the riches of your Spirit,
and kindle in all who minister the gospel,
your countless gifts of grace,
through Jesus Christ our Lord.