No. 123 March 2023
This month our special focus is on the Parish of St John the Baptist Crowthorne.
Please Pray for:
Vicar: Revd Laura Wheatley Downs
LLMs: Hazel Berry, Carol Frost, Gillian Gyenes, Julia Norton
Wardens: James Laverick, Leigh Welham.
Secretary: Mary Harwood
Treasurer: Tracy Perrett
Office: Carol Frost, Ken Perrett, Anne Pelham
In the Parish, please pray for:
- The Parish as we begin to think about our vision strategy as a church.
- Our Lent course – ‘God Send’.
- The new intergenerational Sunday afternoon service ‘Come and See’.
- The Sunday Club and Craft Church
- Wednesday morning Minus Fives
- Our growing links in the local schools
- And give thanks for all that God is doing in our church and local community.
In the Deanery, please pray for:
- All the parishes of the Deanery in this reflective and challenging season of Lent
- The Revd Rickey Simpson-Gray appointed to the role of Vicar, Wokingham St Sebastian, as he and his family move and get to know the area and the parish.
- Ruscombe, Twyford and Hurst as they continue to consider their future.
- Winnersh and Bearwood as they advertise again for a House for duty Vicar.
- For the new Hong Kong congregation as they begin to establish themselves in St Mary’s Winnersh and for the people of Winnersh and Bearwood as they make them welcome and as they all get to know each other.
- The timely completion of the reordering spaceforall project at All Saints Church, and for funds to be raised to fully complete the work.
- St Peter’s, Knowl Hill, remembering Sandra Baker who was churchwarden who has died, may she rest in peace and rise in glory.
- The plans to repair and improve St Peter’s church building.
In the World, please pray for:
- All places where there is war and unrest especially Ukraine, for the people living there in terrifying situations and those living overseas and far from home and family.
- Victims of the recent earthquakes in Turkey and Syria and the terrible death toll and those who have lost loved ones. The injured, those who have lost everything and those who still have homes but are terrified to stay there for fear of further quakes. Help us to be generous in our response to calls for aid.
Almighty and ever living God,
you invite us deeper into your world, your people, your Lent.
May this time be one of outward focus;
seeking you in those we often ignore.
Help us live a Lent focused on freedom, generosity, and encounter.
Give us hearts hungry to serve you
and those who need what we have to give.