No. 125 May 2023
This month our special focus is on the Parish St George’s Owlsmoor.
Please Pray for:
Vicar: Revd Catherine Vaughan
LLM: Penny Crane
Lay Pastoral Assistant: Linda Hewlett
Wardens: Brenda Davies, Margaret Walker
Treasurer: Judith Dodds
Parish Safeguarding Officer: Matt King
In the Parish, please pray for:
- All our work with children and young people especially our Messy Monday Toddler Group, Youth Group, Godly Play, and work with schools.
- For those newly elected or re-elected to the PCC and other roles, that we will continue to work together well to share God’s love in our community.
- For those struggling with long term health problems to know God’s peace.
In the Deanery, please pray for:
- Parishes in vacancy Ruscome, Twyford and Hurst. Finchampstead and California. St Mary’s Winnersh and Bearwood as they seek a house for duty priest.
- The people of St Sebastian’s Church as they prepare for Revd Rickey Simpson-Gray to be Installed on the 10th of May.
- The Parish of Finchampstead and California (PFC) as they come to terms with the loss of their Rector, Reverend Dr Leonard Onugha, and for his close family and friends.
- The clergy, Church Wardens, and PCC at PFC now that the parish is once again in interregnum.
- The Big Picnic Lunch at St James Church on Sunday 7th May
- The Community Fun Day at St Eligius Church on Monday 8th May
- All Saints Wokingham and a successful completion of the spaceforall project re-ordering works and for all involved in planning for the re-opening shortly.
- The King’s Coronation Events in all our parishes.
- All the Churches of the Deanery as we continue to celebrate and live out our Easter faith.
In the World, please pray for:
- The people of Turkey and Syria as they rebuild lives and homes after the earthquakes.
- An end to the conflict in Sudan and for a safe exit for those who need to leave.
- Give thanks for those people who have given hospitality to refugees from Ukraine for the past year.
- The refugees from Ukraine now seeking an affordable place to live.
Holy Spirit, mighty wind of God,
inhabit our darkness
brood over our abyss
and speak to our chaos;
that we may breathe with your life
and share your creation
in the power of Jesus Christ. Amen