No. 131 November 2013
This month our special focus is on the Parish of All Saints Wokingham
Please Pray for:
Associate Priest: Rev. Hannah Higginson
Assistant Curate: Rev. Becky Medlicott
Honorary Priest: Rev. Colin James
Church Wardens: Alun James, John Burbury
Treasurer: Anne King
PCC lay-chair: Zara Ross
Parish Administrator: Jane Hodgson
Cornerstone Manager: Amanda Lambourne
In the Parish, please pray for:
- The Parish in our vacancy, for completion of the consultation process this month and as we start writing our Parish Profile, that this is done well, and that people feel that they are included and able to contribute.
- The Profile that it will be representative of who we are and how people feel about the church and will resonate with the right person.
- Our ‘All-Saints initiative’ – as All Saints church we hope to mark All Saints Day celebrating one another as saints together, hosting a special service on 5th November highlighting and celebrating the different groups in the church. We are also asking parishioners to host dinners for members of the congregation so that we can encourage people to get to know their fellow saints. Please pray that many take part in these and that this strengthens our community and appreciation of one another.
- Our Remembrance Service on 12th November. We have been unable to host this due to our building work, but now that it is finished, we are very excited about welcoming the community into the church to see the changes.
- The Bereavement Service to be held on the 19th November. This was an annual event before the pandemic. This will be the first service since 2019. Please pray for those who will attend, that we are able to offer them hope and comfort as they continue on their grieving journey.
- The building work on our Spaceforall project finished in June this year, and we are now into the phase of developing Spaceforall as a community hub. We are very excited about our partnership with the Link Visiting Scheme and hope that we are able to connect with other community groups and charities that can use our space to bless the community.
In the Deanery, please pray for:
- The parishes in vacancy, Finchampstead and California, Ruscombe, Twyford and Hurst, Winnersh and Bearwood, Wokingham All Saints and for all of those who are having to step up to take on extra responsibility at the moment.
- The Deanery safeguarding training on Domestic abuse on 20th November at The Cornerstone All Saints Wokingham. Praying especially for Rebecca Norris-Bulpitt Diocesan Safeguarding Training and Policy Adviser, those who will be attending the training and for all Parish Safeguarding Officers.
- For All Souls and Remembrance Services in the Deanery during this month and for the outreach into the community.
In this country, please pray for:
- All affected by the recent floods.
In the world, please pray for:
- Those parts of the world where fear, pain and dislocation hold sway, among them Israel and Gaza, Ukraine and Russia, Afghanistan and Syria, Morocco, Libya and Yemen.
- Supplies of essentials to be allowed through the border from Egypt into Gaza.
God of mercy and compassion,
of grace and reconciliation,
pour your power upon all your children in the Middle East:
Jews, Muslims and Christians,
Palestinians and Israelis.
Let hatred be turned into love, fear to trust, despair to hope,
oppression to freedom, occupation to liberation,
that violent encounters may be replaced by loving embraces,
and peace and justice could be experienced by all.
– Reverend Said Ailabouni