No. 133 January 2014
This month our special focus is on St Pauls Wokingham, St Nicholas Embrook and Woosehill.
Please Pray for:
Rector and Area Dean: Canon Richard Lamey
Associate Priest and
Associate Area Dean: Reverend Jane Kraft
Associate Priest: Reverend Judi Hattaway
Associate Priest: Reverend John Edwards
Assistant Curate: Reverend Cara Smart
Woosehill Methodist Minister: Reverend Soba Sinnathamby
Wardens: David Ruddock and Peter Wells, John Hoskins and Steve Lewis, Fiona Gallagher and Liz Gallagher
Administrators: Louise Cole and Vanessa Hemmi
Director of Music: Louise Turner.
In the Parish, please pray for:
- Deeper and more creative links with St Paul’s Juniors and St Cecilia’s Juniors, our two Church Schools, as well as the other Schools we work with
- More leaders for our Youth and Children’s Work.
- The joy and connection which we feel at Christmas will flow into joy and connection with the communities in which we are set.
- The people and officers at St Nick’s, as they explore new styles of worship together.
- The leadership at Woosehill, as they continue to discern God’s will for the Church and community.
In the Deanery, please continue to pray:
- For Parishes in continuing in vacancy, Winnersh and Bearwood, Finchampstead and California, Ruscombe, Twyford and Hurst, Wokingham All Saints and for those preparing for a vacancy, and for all those taking on large roles at the moment as a result.
In the World please pray for:
- All affected by the new wave of Covid.
- The many parts of the world where there is conflict and particularly at this time Israel/Palestine, Ukraine, Yemen and for all aid agencies and those trying to broker peace.
- A ceasefire in the conflict in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.
Last year has passed and another lies open before us
let us pray with one heart and mind.
As we rejoice in the gift of this new year,
so may the light of your presence, O God,
set our hearts on fire with love for you;
now and forever. Amen
Adapted from Morning Prayer, The Daily Office SSF